I hope that you are all having a great week so far. Today I wanted to share Chris’s bison chili recipe. I love eating chili during the winter. It is so warm and comforting. I have a few different chili recipes that I like to make one this one has been a favorite around here lately. First off, if you’ve never tried bison, it is tasty. It is very lean and is a great alternative to beef.
- 2/3 pound of ground bison
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 jalapeño with the seeds taken out and chopped.
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 packet of chili mix
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of red kidney beans
- 1 can of pinto beans
- In a dutch oven or large pot, heat some olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook the chopped onion until tender and then add the jalapeño.
- Add the bison and cook until browned. Then drain the access liquid from the bison.
- Add the chili mix, black beans, chili beans, and can of tomatoes.
- Stir periodically and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice with some avocado on top.
This is an easy meal and great for during the week. It is also healthy and delicious. Feel free to give it a try some time and I hope that you all enjoy it.
Thank you so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!! ❤ ❤ ❤