I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend. I worked, spent some time with friends, and enjoyed the nice weather here.
Today I wanted to share my chicken meatballs and marinara recipe. This is one of my favorite comfort food recipes, and one that Chris also asks me to make every week. 🙂
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- 1/4 cup of whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 teaspoon of pepper
1. Place your ground chicken into a big bowl.
2. Put in the salt, pepper, bread crumbs, olive oil, and parmesan cheese into the bowl.
3. Mix everything together.
4. Form your meatballs.
5. Place meatballs into a skillet over medium heat. Cook them for 5-6 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown.
- 1 glove of garlic
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 a cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, heat the 1/2 cup of olive oil on medium heat.
2. Add the onions and garlic, cook until the onions are translucent.
3. Add the crushed tomatoes.
4. Add the tomato paste.
5. Add your dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
5. Stir everything together, and then turn the heat down to simmer. I usually let it simmer for about 30 minutes.
6. Serve over your choice of pasta, and sprinkle some parmesan cheese if you would like. 🙂
Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope that you all have a wonderful day!! ❤