I hope that you are all having a great week so far. Chris made a delicious pasta salad over the weekend and I wanted to share it with you all today. I do pretty much all of the cooking here, but Chris does cook sometimes and he is also in charge of the grill.
This is a healthy, delicious, and simple recipe. It is also perfect for summer and for when you want a pasta salad that does not have a mayo sauce.
– 1 chopped red pepper
– 1 bunch of kale washed and chopped.
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 1/2 a pound of whole wheat pasta
– 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
– Parmesan cheese to taste
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place your chopped kale into a bowl and set aside.
2. Cook your pasta all the way through. I always cook whole wheat pasta for ten minutes.
3. Heat a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a skillet. Over medium heat, cook the chopped garlic and red peppers.
4. Transfer the pasta and red pepper into a large bowl.
5. Add your lemon juice, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Mix everything together.
6. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for a few hours.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope that you all have a wonderful day! 🙂