I hope that you are all having a great week so far. I was inspired by Mia and her post on Monday about staying motivated when it comes to fitness. So today I thought that I would share some with you some tips on how I stay motivated to work out.
1. Downloading a new song. New music always gets me motivated!! I love a good song when I’m doing my cardio.
2. Scheduling my work outs each week. I write down the days that I’m planning on going to the gym. Because my work schedule is different each week, I may not be able to go a few days in a row so I write down when I’m going to go. I also write down whether or not I’m doing cardio, or a strength training/weight workout.
3. Finding new exercises. To avoid getting into an exercise, I look for new exercises to do each week. I follow Women’s Health, Health magazine, and Fitness magazine on Pinterest. I have found a lot of good exercises and tips through them and definitely recommend them.
4. Wearing a favorite outfit. Whether it’s a new workout outfit, or something that I have had for a while, a favorite workout outfit is motivating for me. My favorites pieces are the Lululemon pants and top that Chris got me for Christmas.
5. Watching a morning show. When I’m not listening to music, I watch a morning show. My favorite is LIVE with Kelly & Michael. They always have a fun guest on, and I like their personalities. I also consider Kelly Ripa to be my celebrity twin because we are both petite. 🙂
I work out 4 days a week and I cook healthy meals at home. I also hold myself accountable. If I miss a day because of work I make it up another day. While I’m by no means a fitness or nutrition expert, these are just things that have worked for me.
How do you stay motived to go to the gym?
Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope that you all have a wonderful day!!