I hope that you are all having a great week so far. Today I wanted to share a recipe. I made this last week and it came out well. I found the inspiration for this recipe here.
Anyway, here is an easy recipe for chicken enchiladas.
– 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts
– 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
– 1/2 tsp ground cumin
– salt and pepper to taste
– 3/4 cup sodium chicken broth
– 1 bottle of Trader Joe’s Enchilada sauce
– 1 package of whole wheat flour tortillas
– 1 package of low-fat Mexican cheese blend
1. Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees
2. Cook the chicken breasts over medium heat for 6 minutes on each side.
3. Shred the chicken.
4. Place your shredded chicken back into a pan on low heat. Add the chili powder, cumin, chicken broth, and enchilada sauce. Mix everything together.
5. Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
6. Using a spoon, scoop the chicken mixture into your tortillas, and then roll them up.
7. Pour some of the enchilada sauce over them, and also sprinkle some low-fat Mexican cheese.
8. Bake the enchiladas in the over for 15-20 minutes.
9. Serve and enjoy!!
Next time I’m going to add cilantro and black beans though for some extra flavor. We also had this with some vegetables and brown rice. We did also have some leftovers which we enjoyed the next night. I also had some of the chicken mixture leftover and enjoyed it over some brown rice for lunch. This is an easy, healthy, and delicious recipe that I hope you will all enjoy.
Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope that you all have a wonderful day!! 🙂