I hope that you are all having a great week so far. Today I wanted to share a recipe. I made this last week for the first time and it was delicious. You can find the original recipe here. I have made some other Skinnytaste recipes before and they are all delicious. I made some changes to this one to personalize it though.
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- 1 can of roasted tomatoes with green chilies.
- 1 of low-sodium black beans
- 1 bag of frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup of low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the chicken breasts in a large pot or skillet for 6 minutes on each side over medium heat.
2. Shred the chicken and then place it back into the pot.
3. Add your cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
4. Add the black beans, corn, onions, and tomatoes.
5. Add the cilantro and scallions.
6. Stir everything together and simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Serve and enjoy!
I served it over brown rice, but it was also good alone. It is a great meal to make during the week because it doesn’t take long to make, and you will have leftovers.
Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope that you all have a wonderful day! 🙂