I hope that you are all having a great week so far. If there is one thing that some of you may not know about me, it’s that I wear glasses. I have worn glasses since I was little, and I have worn contact lenses since I was a teenager. Most days I wear my contact lenses, but I do like to switch things up sometimes and wear glasses.
I was recently contacted by a member of the marketing team at Warby Parker to create some outfits using five of my favorite frames from their Spring 2015 Collection. For those of you who are not familiar with Warby Parker, they make eyewear for both men and women. You can read more about their story here.
I thought that I would go through each outfit and share with you how I came up with the inspiration for each outfit.
Let’s get started!
1. Finch in Striped Molasses The minute I saw this frame I wanted to create an outfit with a black sheath dress. I thought about my black sheath dress that I’ve had for years and how I always feel sophisticated when I wear it. The cardigan and earrings make it lady-like, but the flats and the glasses make it more modern. I added a statement necklace because I love the look of a black dress with a sparkly statement necklace.
2. Newton in Striped Molasses I had a pair of glasses like this pair years ago and I loved them. Until they broke. Sigh. When I saw this frame, I thought of a boyfriend cardigan, skinny jeans, and that fringe bootie that I love. Definitely a more casual style, but still modern.
3. Theo in Striped Beach For some reason when I saw this frame I thought of an outfit with a faux fur vest. I also love a bright-colored top with a fur vest. Casual yet cool, and perfect for those days when you want to be comfortable yet still look put together.
4. Cass in Blue Slate Fade This frame is so cool I had to use it. I love the blue too. For this pair I wanted to create a cool, yet feminine look. I envisioned a printed blouse with this pair and I thought that printed blouse looked perfect with it. I added the black boyfriend cardigan to make the blouse look more subtle. Again I used that fringe bootie. Perhaps this is a sign that I need to get pair?
5. Daisy in Aurelia Tortoise Obviously I had to choose this frame. I could just hear my two sisters saying “those glasses are so you.” I love that the pattern looks floral but also abstract. Because of the subtle cat eye, I wanted to create a modern, lady-like, look with some edge. The sweater is lady-like, the white blouse is modern, and the leather skirt is edgy. I also had to use my dream handbag for this outfit. 🙂
So what do you all think? Which frame and outfit is your favorite?
Well I hope that you all enjoyed this post. Please check out the Warby Parker website for information and to see more fabulous eyewear.
Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope that you have a wonderful day!