I hope that you are having a great week so far. Since some of you commented on the picture of my chili on Monday, I thought that I would share the recipe today. 🙂
My friend Kelsey from work gave it to me but I have made some changes to personalize it. It’s healthy, delicious, and perfect for when you want something warm. This would also be great for Super Bowl Sunday. 🙂
– 1 pound of extra lean ground turkey
– 2 1/2 tbsp chili powder
– 1 tbsp ground cumin
– 1 can of low sodium black beans
– 1 can of low sodium white kidney beans
– 1 can of green chilies
– 1 can of diced tomatoes
– Generous amounts of Smoked Chipotle Tabasco Sauce
– 1 bottle of Chili Sauce
1. In a large pot, heat up some extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Once your olive oil is heated, add your ground meat and cook it until its browned.
2. Add your chili powder, ground cumin, and smoked paprika. Also add some salt and pepper if you would like.
3. Add your black beans, red kidney beans, and white kidney beans,
4. Add your diced tomatoes, green chilies, bottle of chili sauce, and generous amounts of the Smoked Chipotle Tabasco sauce.
5. Mix everything together.
6. Simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Serve and enjoy!
If you don’t want turkey chili, you can make this recipe with beef. If you can’t find chili sauce, use a small can of tomato sauce. I always try to use low sodium beans too, but if you can’t find them just use regular. Definitely get the Smoked Chipotle Tabasco sauce though, it really does add some great flavor.
Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope that you have a fantastic day! 🙂