I hope that you are having a great week so far. The cold weather has arrived here in Chicago. Sigh. I love wearing all of my sweaters though and we have so many cute fall and winter clothes at work. Yesterday while I was at work and enjoying my tea from David’s Tea, I could not help but think how nice it would be if I had a treat to go along with it. So, today I thought that I would share a banana bread recipe.
One of Chris’s aunts made me a cookbook as a bridal shower gift and this recipe is from the book that she gave me. It is delicious, and the perfect treat to have a with a warm beverage. 🙂
2 cups of sifted flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter, softened
1 cup of sugar
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup of milk
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1. Stir flour, baking soda, and salt together in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, mix the butter and sugar together.
3. Add the eggs and bananas to the butter mixture.
4. In another bowl, combine the milk and the lemon juice. Starting and ending with dry ingredients, alternately blend the dry mixture and milk mixture into the banana mixture.
5. Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for an hour.
I used Brommel and Brown yogurt butter instead of regular butter, and I only used one egg because Chris has an egg allergy. I also greased the pan with olive oil spray from Trader Joe’s. I hope that you will try this recipe and that you enjoy it.
Thank you so much for stopping by and have a great day! 🙂