Today I wanted to share an easy, quick, and delicious recipe with you. It is also healthy. You can find the original recipe here. I made a few changes to personalize it though.
2 teaspoons olive oil
4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
1 small yellow pepper, cut into thin strips
2 cups of sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup of red wine
1 1/2 cups of marinara sauce
1. Heat olive oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side.
2. In a separate pan, cook the mushrooms and peppers on medium heat. I would say about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms and peppers to the chicken.
4. Add the marinara sauce and the red wine to the chicken.
5. Let it simmer for 10 minuteS.
6. Serve and enjoy!
I could not find dry red wine, so I used Charles Shaw Cabernet from Trader Joe’s. I used my own sauce to make this, but if you want to use one in a jar, that is fine. We also had brown rice with it, but it would be delicious with some pasta too.
This recipe is perfect for during week because it doesn’t take long at all to make. I hope that you will all give it a try and that you enjoy it! 🙂
Thank you for stopping by and have a great day! 🙂