Hi Everyone! Happy Friday to you! Today I wanted to share with you five of my favorite places here in Chicago. If I listed ALL of my favorite places here, this would be the longest blog post ever. So here is just a list of five of them, and some pictures that I took with my fabulous iPhone 4.
Here is my list!
1. Sunda New Asian in River North. Wonderful service, cool decor, and fantastic food. I think that the sushi here is the best in the city.
2. Galway Arms. My favorite pub in the city, and it’s in our neighborhood. It is charming, they always have great beers on tap, and oh my gosh the BEST bread pudding. It is the only food item that I’ve ever had there, but oh my gosh it’s so delicious.
3. Star Lounge in Humboldt Park. This is a coffee shop that we love to go to. They serve Dark Matter coffee which is a local company here. They have this iced coffee called Chocolate City that is really good, and the agave latte is pretty delicious too.
4. Lincoln Park Zoo. I don’t live too far from the zoo. It is so nice to take a long walk through the park to the zoo. It is also FREE and it’s so much fun to walk through. I also love passing through the beautiful gardens near the Conservatory.
5. Savon Spa Lakeview. This is my nail place, but they also offer other spa services. Melissa has been doing my nails since 2007, and she is the best. Getting a manicure is the one thing that makes me feel better no matter what and I always look forward to seeing my friends over at Savon! 🙂
Well that is it for now. All of these places have websites, so feel free to check them out. I look forward to sharing more of my favorite places and favorite things about Chicago. It is a wonderful city and even though the winters here can be brutal, I really love living here.
I hope that you all have a fantastic weekend and thank you so much for stopping by! 🙂