Happy Friday Everyone!
Today I’m sharing my turkey meatball and marinara sauce recipe. This is a recipe that I make almost every week to satisfy that pasta and meatball craving. These are originally both Giada De Laurentiis recipes that I personalized with some changes. You can find her recipe for turkey meatballs here: http://bit.ly/1oMw1e3, and her marinara sauce recipe here: http://bit.ly/1ipFtB9.
Onto my recipe though!
– 1 pound of extra-lean ground turkey meat.
– 1/4 cup of whole wheat bread crumbs.
– 2 tablespoons of milk
– 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil.
– 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
– 3/4 teaspoon of pepper.
1. Place your ground turkey into a big bowl.
2. Put in the salt, pepper, bread crumbs, olive oil, and milk into the bowl.
3. Mix everything together.
4. Form your meatballs.
5. Place meatballs into a skillet over medium heat. Cook them for 3-4 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown.
6. Serve over your choice of pasta with the marinara sauce.
*** Note: You can add eggs and parmesan cheese into the mixture. I don’t because my lovely husband is allergic to eggs, and stays away from cheese. But I have made this recipe with the eggs and cheese for those who can have eggs and cheese, and it is also delicious. This recipe will make about a dozen meatballs, but it does depend on how big you make them.
– 1 onion, chopped.
– 1 glove of garlic
– 1/2 a cup of extra-virgin olive oil
– 1 can of crushed tomatoes. I like the Trader Joe’s unsalted crushed tomatoes, or Red Gold.
– 1 can of tomato paste.
– 1 teaspoon of dried basil
– 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
1. In a large pot, heat the 1/2 cup of olive oil on medium heat.
2. Add the onions and garlic, cook until the onions are translucent.
3. Add the crushed tomatoes.
4. Add the tomato paste.
5. Stir everything together, and then turn the heat down to simmer. I usually let it simmer for about 30 minutes.
6. Serve over your choice of pasta and the turkey meatballs.
Well that is it folks! I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend! 🙂